Saturday, August 6, 2011

Going, Going, GONE!

I feel like I've just lost about 100 pounds! There's nothing like cleaning out to make a girl feel like she's got a good excuse to go (or keep) shopping. We had a huge garage sale a few weeks ago. We spent weeks unpacking boxes and boxes of stuff that head been packed away in our garage for the last three years. Hundreds of items were cleaned, and priced then brought out, placed on tables, tarps and anything else we could find. Signs were made, ads were placed and our hopes were high. After nearly four hours, we had made a fistful of money but had only sold about 1/10th of everything. Lord, please don't make me have to pack this stuff up again. We couldn't even get it all to Goodwill in one truckload! Prayers answered, a lovely lady from a local church asked if we would be willing to donate the leftovers and they would pick them up. Yes, yes, YES!! Turns out this is the church that has the absolute biggest and best sale every year (I go at least twice each year!), so let's hope I don't end up re-buying my own stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment