Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm sure there's a good explanation for this

This is our egg bounty for today.  Now, I can live with a day or two with only two eggs from our six chickens, but this is insubordination!  What am I going to do with a one inch egg?!!  You should know that Rosie, Decker, Hannah, Stella, Sophie and Chloe, aka 'the girls' are the divas of the chicken world.  They are treated to fresh fruits and vegetables, greek yogurt, muffins, whole wheat bread (drizzled with olive oil) and a myriad of other treats in addition to their 'certain brand name' chicken food DAILY!  The chicken warden keeps a thermometer in their coop, lest they become too hot or too cold.  They are free to dust bathe wherever their little hearts desire and we even share whatever is growing in the garden!  This is a working household and everyone has to do their part.  Their part is laying some decent eggs!  I think it might be time to have a flock staff meeting with the big pot and spoon...

1 comment:

  1. Your "girls" are definitely healthy looking - I should eat so good! What does cause the difference in the size of the eggs I wonder. I've met Rosie and she is definitely "Miss Personality".

    ReplyDelete