Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Welcome

My house is a chaotic jumble of kids, animals, noise and food!  I have one refuge from all this - my sewing room! (you could count the bathroom - even the kids know not to knock on that door).  I can go there, turn on my ancient VCR with a 50 cent garage sale movie, and work on whatever project I have going.  I am not a professional by any stretch of the imagination but I can make some pretty creative stuff.

If you walked into my home the first thing that would come to you mind is "menagerie". We are fortunate enough to live on an acre of land north of Orlando that is on a wildlife corridor and backs up to a forest. Besides the resident dogs (3), cats (3), birds (2), and guinea pig (Polly) I volunteer at a wildlife rehab center and have also had raccoons, opossums, squirrels, bats and a variety of other critters as temporary residents around the house. My husband (a former city boy) thinks he is now a farmer and has a flock of chickens in the backyard with a decent size garden and requisite compost heap. Outside visitors include deer (that eat all our shrubs), turkeys, raccoons, armadillos, quail, hawks, snakes (ugh) frogs and some other creepy things I don't want to know about.  Mix in the kids - that's a whole other story - and you see why I need to retreat to my sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment